About the CCA
The Authority plays an important role in the governance of Australia's mitigation policies, undertaking reviews and making recommendations on:
- the Carbon Farming Initiative, and
- the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting System.
Reviews are undertaken on other matters as requested by the Minister responsible for climate change or the Australian Parliament.
The Authority conducts and commissions its own independent research and analysis.
All reviews will include public consultation and all reports will be published on the Authority's web site as soon as practicable after they have been given to the Minister.
Made up of a Chair, the Chief Scientist and up to seven other members, the Authority is supported by an independent staff led by a Chief Executive Officer.
- Review timeline (PDF 200 KB)
- Corporate Plans
- Annual Reports
- Public Interest Disclosure
- Indexed list of files (Harradine reports)
- Senate order 192, the Murray Order: List of contracts ($100 000 or more)
- Senior executive remuneration (PDF 10 KB)