The Climate Change Authority invites you to join a webinar 11.30am-1pm (AEDT) on Tuesday 17 October 2023. The webinar is an opportunity to learn about and discuss the authority’s latest thinking in its review of the ACCU Scheme.
In this, our fourth review of the legislation that enables the Australian Carbon Credit Unit (ACCU) scheme, we are focusing on:
- Securing integrity – focusing on additionality, permanence and leakage.
- Valuing non-carbon outcomes – including First Nations people’s engagement.
- Managing supply and demand - including land use competition and supporting participation. Intersection with the Safeguard Mechanism is also considered, in relation to demand.
- Scaling emissions removals – including how the scheme can support engineered removals.
- Alignment with the Paris Agreement – including international trade considerations.
The authority’s secretariat will outline the approach taken to the review, draft findings, and latest thinking about potential recommendations. You will have the opportunity to ask questions and join the conversation.
Please register to join the webinar here(Opens in a new tab/window).
If you have any questions about the event or the review, please contact us via email@example.com